[Sca-cooks] OT collecting disability

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 3 08:38:06 PDT 2006

> Is it possible that the delay might come from people working hard to manage
> a fund of hard earned taxpayer dollars and daily inundatation with all
> manner of claims and issues from all over the country, some of which might
> be actually legitimate, but all requiring researcha dn processing?  I am
> sure there are wastes and problems that ca be addressed, but my personal
> wonder is if the system, in all of its inefficiency, may actually be
> protecting our tax dollars in some backwards way that is not at all pleasant
> to those injured or otherwise incpacitated persons waiting for answers and
> benefits for very probably legitimate claims.

Generally, the government and its number crunchers go into this with the
idea that everyone is probably a fraud case. In a good number of cases
it takes years to prove one is not attempting to committ fraud. This is
obviously a tactic to prevent fraud by not paying out. (Or by
transferring the costs to WIC, food stamps, and other programs.) Does
the amount of work and cost involved in denying and investigating the
legitimate cases actually justify the number of frauds that are
prevented? Unknown.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net