[Sca-cooks] Silly Season Starts August 4

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Aug 3 11:44:59 PDT 2006

At 11:37 AM 8/3/2006, you wrote:

>ah, the classics.   justin wilson and jeff smith.  still
>have a few 'Frug' cookbooks on the shelf.  and who can
>forget the original "first you baste the chef", graham
>kerr.

Mr mom used to watch Kerr. I think I was 7 or 8 at the time. But I
distinctly remember the show where he was grating chocolate for something,
and got down to the nubbin, so he wrapped it in his tie (one of those wide
early-70s ties) and finished it up, saying that he'd rather grate the tie
than his fingers. Of course I was too young to realize that he'd been
drinking. :-) I do have one of his early cookbooks though.

'Lainie