[Sca-cooks] 'Tis the Season (for produce, not sillies)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 3 13:13:41 PDT 2006

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:35:44 -0700
>   Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> Very true, and I try to buy local whenever possible.
>>

> at work, i am the crazy lady who will gladly accept
> everyone's overabundance inthe garden or windfall of
> apples, take it home, process it and freeze it.  has come
> in handy more than once.
>
> apparently a lot of my coworkers 'can't be bothered with
> all that stuff' and would otherwise throw it away.
>
> eek!
>
> cailte
That reminds me of the time when their Caidan majesties had zucchini
squash [marrows to you Brits] taking over their yard, and nobody came
away from the royal court all day without taking a big ol' squash with
them.  So of course I promptly shredded mine up and baked it with
marinara sauce and brought it to the Pelicans' potluck the next day.
The Is No Escaping The Squash That Ate Calafia, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Selene