[Sca-cooks] diet, was sugar problems

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 14:15:17 PDT 2006

grizly wrote

> But what does popcorn made in grapeseed oil taste like?
>
> niccolo difrancesco
> (a fan of 'old style' theatre popcorn before the saturated fat nazi's got to
> it . . .. and french fries using animal fats, too)

Not a clue...but I do know that we had a recipe at one point for
steak...IIRC it was coated in a mixture of sugar and seasonings, then
seared in a pan that had heated grapeseed oil in it.  It called for the
grapeseed oil because it could get hotter before reaching its
flashpoint.  This probably does sound awful...but it was wonderful.
But, of course, I can't have it anymore.

Kiri