[Sca-cooks] Alfredo

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Aug 7 11:12:58 PDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Lady Orla Carey wrote:

> Granted it's been a couple of years since I've actually made it but
> IIRC,
> butter, heavy cream and Parmigiano.
>
> Orla

Okay, that's about what I expected. I've heard alarming references to
things like egg yolks being involved, occasionally.

At least heavy cream would serve as something of a stabilizer, so you
could keep it warm without constant fear of the stuff breaking, and
there's little or nothing in heavy cream that isn't also in unsalted
butter. Even so, I might not add the cheese until service...

Adamantius