[Sca-cooks] Powdered sugar cups by weight

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Mon Aug 7 23:20:40 PDT 2006

It's the one with the box cake mix for the pastry base. I needed the
powdered sugar for the topping.
I'll post it if you still want it. I tend to vary the extract once in a
while. I've used a spiced cake mix for the base and replaced the vanilla
extract with rum extract. Turned out pretty good.
Being from St. Louis and half a block away from Ferderhofers, I was raised
on their gooey butter cake.
Have you seen this version?
http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/fil
ter/guest/recipeID/478/Recipe.cfm
Didn't make the cake tonight as I forgot to do some things more important. I
think my brain keeps slipping into neutral. I am hoping to get it made
before my group goes to Pennsic so that I can send it with them to take to
Herald's point. I've made my group some dump chunk brownies for their treat
and if I get around to it Baked Greek Halva.

Lyse