[Sca-cooks] Threat Levels at Airports

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 07:35:14 PDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 9:56 AM, ysabeau wrote:

> Hmmmm...so maybe it wasn't my activities in Southeast Asia in the
> late 70s that got me flagged for extra searches after all...it was
> the SCA! I'd forgotten about that. Up until this last trip in
> June, I always had to allow extra time because I would get flagged
> for the extra special searches...not only going through the
> initial screening, but my bags always had the little card saying
> they had been searched and most of the time my carry-ons got
> searched again at the gate. I was beginning to feel picked on!
>
> Ysabeau

Well, I was sort of half-kidding. It was rumored we were on the FBI
watch list back in the 80's, but at that time we had a high-level
intelligence spook as a Great Officer of State in the East Kingdom,
an active group within The 82nd Airborne Division, and our Viceroy
was helping run the campaign of a New York gubernatorial candidate,
so I suspect we checked out as harmless enough...

Adamantius