[Sca-cooks] OT/semi short/?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:37:59 PDT 2006

>Though this is not a good example but I can't find the one that made the
>comment on First Amendment rights, it is comments similar to this that make
>me wonder where/what the problem is.
>
>Lyse

Because the First Amdendment doesn't exist here. Well, in a sense.
I'm pretty open to let people talk about what they wish. But I will
curtail any conversation that becomes rude, inflammatory, insulting,
or anything else that pushes proper social norm. Just because someone
can delete offensive posts is no reason I will allow them here. If
I had been on my PC last night the whole political discussion would have
been stopped. As it was, someone with a cooler head came in and
posted what I would have. Some folk have been chided by me
privately for some of the actions.

If someone is vulgar, insulting, threatening, demeaning or whatever
I will tell them to stop. If hey continue they will be banned. I believe
in Free Speech. They can go shout their opinions on the street
corner. But not in my house. This will not become IRC or Rialto.

Off-topic stuff is fine as long as people still have an interest in it.
That's why this list is so big and has lasted for so long. Nobody should
feel they can't post for fear of being flamed.

Yes, definately hit the delete button for stuff you are not interested
in, shoot, I do it all the time. But that does not justify improper
behavior in my living room.

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator