[Sca-cooks] menu planning for dietary restrictions

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Aug 13 13:05:56 PDT 2006

On Aug 13, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Tom Vincent wrote:

> No breadcrumbs were used.  The chicken cutlets were just dredged in
> flour and grilled, then put in baking pans with the wine-and-oil
> sauteed
> onions.
>
> Duriel

My mistake. I remembered someone asking about frozen, pre-breaded
chicken somewhere along the line.

Still, even though it sounds like a lot of oil was used (especially
in conjunction with cheese), I'm not seeing where this is in any way
endemic in medieval cooking. It just sounds like an unfortunate
decision on the part of the cook.

A.