[Sca-cooks] Period description of "events"

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Aug 13 18:49:32 PDT 2006

If you have academic access, then there's EEBO of course
and all the accounts that can be found in there.

Otherwise you might want to start with Roy Strong.
Feast is entertaining. So is Charlemagne's Tablecloth by Fletcher.
Eat, Drink, & Be Merry by Ivan Day is another. Also Apples of Gold in
Settings
of Silver by Young. They all offer bibliographies. Take their sources
and go from there.

The Banquet: Dining in the Great Courts of Late Renaissance Europe
by Ken Albala will be out in 2007.

Johnnae