[Sca-cooks] wrangling viewpoints

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 22:05:48 PDT 2006

In a message dated 08/13/2006 5:32:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org writes:

> But I promote healthier feasts, present solid reasons and evidence...and
> you imply I'm some sort of terrorist?  WTF?
>

> Duriel

OK, that cuts it.
Please stop.
Stop NOW!
I am a digest reader and I am getting tired of space taken up in a COOKING
List for this bout with philosophy, and now the language! (I know full well what
those letters stand for and I do NOT care for that kind of language)

I am a free woman of an adult age of above average intelligence and common
sense.  I am fully capable of making my own decisions about food and my eating
habits. I resent anyone thinking for me and telling me what I can and cannot
eat, and as a cook, I resent anyone coming into my kitchen and telling me that
what I am cooking is deadly, simply because I am trying to faithfully follow a
Period Recipe.

We are in a hobby that investigates how they did things, and attempt to
recreate that thing, whether it be Period Buttons or Roast leg of Lamb. To truly
appreciate the Period that we choose to investigate, we would like to get as
close as we can to The Real Thing, and the food completes the atmosphere.

As a digest recipient, I do have use of a delete key to do away with one
note. I have to take the 15-20 that comes through and then weed it out.

so, please, let's get back to Period food...the Real Thing, please!

Helen
going back to lurking