[Sca-cooks] for Duriel :-)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Aug 14 03:50:41 PDT 2006

At 03:25 AM 8/14/2006, you wrote:
>Ha ha.  So just how does someone deny that they're interested in an
>argument without falling into your trap?  No, thanks.  I'm here to
>exchange information, learn and defend my positions.
>
>Duriel

You know, use of the word 'defend' just shows that you not only expect an
argument, but are actively seeking one. This is the place for an exchange
of ideas, not to hang out your nerve endings for someone to trip over.
Arguing does not further knowledge- it stifles it. And making provocative
statements for the sake of eliciting rancor is the classic hallmark of a
troll. Do you really want to be seen that way?

As much as I am loathe to say so, if this is what you came to SCA-Cooks
for, I think you're in the wrong place. You be happier somewhere else, that
is clear, and maybe it is time to find that list.

Elaine de Montgris