[Sca-cooks] Writing your favorite recipe in a period style

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Aug 14 07:08:11 PDT 2006

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm always on the hunt for a good
crockpot recipe. I just tried a new one that I think is a keeper
and thought I'd share with an attempt to write it in semi-period
style ~grin~:

Take a beef roast and put it in the bottom of the crock. Sprinkle
seasonings as used in Italian dressings over top of beef and add
juice used to pickle pepperoncini peppers. Add the pickled
pepporoncini peppers without stems and a goodly amount of garlic
then let simmer for 8 to 10 hours. Serve forth either on crusty
bread or in flat bread with a sauce of yogurt. For those with a
taste for spicier food, toss in a few hatch chiles.

Does anyone else want to take a stab at trying to write your
favorite crockpot or other recipe in a period style?

Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net