[Sca-cooks] OOP: NY Times article on State Fair food competitions

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 16 08:33:36 PDT 2006

Adamantius wrote:
>  I was intrigued by the statement that the people that have first-hand
>  knowledge on how to pickle a peach are all dying off...

Whoa! Sounds like i better snap up those peaches and can a batch! I
know i mentioned on this list how hard it has become to find those
yummy spiced sweet pickled peaches in the stupormarkets around here
the past few years.

I did find some recipes for them on the web that look legit.

Guess i gotta invest in some canning equipment... i'll have to
research what i need, besides canning jars and lids... I'm pretty
much a canning virgin. Haven't done any since i made hot lemon pickle
and hot chutney from scratch in December 1967. They were quite tasty,
but i have never repeated the process.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita