[Sca-cooks] Purslane

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 16 18:07:00 PDT 2006

Well you could use it in this recipe from Alessio--
The thyrde and last parte of the Secretes of the reuerende Maister
Alexis of Piemont from 1562

Another remedy founde very syngular.

ROste well two Dragmes of Rubarbe, together with the seede of Purselane
and Coriander prepa|red, of eche a Dragme, make all into verye small
pouder, and mingle a Dragme of this pouder with as muche iuyce of
Purselane as shall suffice, and geue it to the Pacient whan he spitteth
bloode.

It's from the section on recipes to treat consumption.

Johnnae