[Sca-cooks] Eric, was feast organization/service question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 23:00:10 PDT 2006

Well, Caid is, and probably always will be, a Western rite Scadian Kingdom.  We
still call the tourney field "the eric".  Although, I thought that the rope itself
was red, and not just the flags.  It wouldn't surprise me if that first rope had
been purchased by Master John ap Griffin [John Trimble] because he and his wife
Mistress Flavia [Bjo Trimble] joined in A.S. I and because he had been a rope
salesman for many many years before his retirement.  I had heard that the reason
the rope was red was because the red rope wasn't selling well and he got it at a
substantial discount, so that a lot of rope was purchased for relatively little money.

Huette, who wasn't there at the time.  I didn't join until 1974.