[Sca-cooks] feast organization/service question

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Aug 19 01:31:07 PDT 2006

At 02:00 PM 8/18/2006, you wrote:
>skip
>
>  There have been events with pot-luck feasts on the Eric, and
>
>skip
>
>what do you mean by Eric? I've seen this used before but I don't know what
>it means. (I'm in Ansteorra)
>Margarite

Way back when, at the Dawn of Time, the lists were divided off with colored
ropes. One of them was red, and was soon affectionately known as 'Eric the
Red'. Thus the lists became known (in the West and some of the daughter
kingdoms) as the eric. Some areas are trying to encourage the use of terms
such as 'the lists' or even just 'the field', but old habits are hard to break.

'Lainie