[Sca-cooks] Lyle's Golden Syrup (was Harry Potter references)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 20 18:39:12 PDT 2006

Lyle's Golden Syrup is a light molasses extracted during sugar refining
(probably in the very late stages given the color).  Modernly, some of the
syrup has the sucrose hydolized to produce invert sugar (a mix of glucose
and fructose) and is then returned to the mixture to improve the taste
(which may be where you are getting the maple flavor).

You can use it in any recipe that calls for a liquid sweetner, syrup or
molasses or use it as a sugar substitute.

Bear