[Sca-cooks] Images of Dining in Ireland 1581

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Aug 22 07:05:50 PDT 2006

Hmmm....in some cases, all we've got is the archaeological evidence, but I
get the feeling you don't mean that?
Are you referring to people who draw erroneous conclusions from
archaeological evidence, especially when it may contradict other (textual)
sources, but back it up by referring to the A.A.?  Like someone saying "We
never find chicken bones in middens, so that means medievals hated chicken
dishes?" (to create an example out of thin air)
--Maire