[Sca-cooks] Writing your favorite recipe in a period style

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 22 14:24:30 PDT 2006

Ysabeau suggested::
<<< Take a beef roast and put it in the bottom of the crock. Sprinkle
seasonings as used in Italian dressings over top of beef and add
juice used to pickle pepperoncini peppers. Add the pickled
pepporoncini peppers without stems and a goodly amount of garlic
then let simmer for 8 to 10 hours. Serve forth either on crusty
bread or in flat bread with a sauce of yogurt. For those with a
taste for spicier food, toss in a few hatch chiles.  >>>

I assume you've actually cooked this and this isn't just a
theoretical discussion?

When you say "add juice used to pickle pepperoncini peppers, do you
mean the juice the peppers are packed in when you buy a commercial
jar of pepperoncini peppers?

When you are cutting off the pepper stems, are you talking about
cutting them off flush with where they exit the fruit? Or digging out
more of the core of the fruit? Or does it even matter?

This sounds interesting and I may just have to try this sometime.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas