[Sca-cooks] OOP: Query on Steak Smothered In Onions...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Aug 26 22:47:10 PDT 2006

On Aug 27, 2006, at 1:22 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Johnnae llyn Lewis gave a curious quote from her steak and onions
> research:
>   <<< There are lots more, but I think I will quit for now.
> I just came across this quote
> "My favorite menu is *steak smothered* with *onions* and strawberry
> shortcake." The speaker
> is Governor Ronald Reagan speaking in the book Governor Reagan: His
> Rise
> to Power.  >>>>
>
> Steak smothered with onions and strawberry shortcake?!!!
>
> Sounds pretty radical to me.
>
> I'm a bit more conservative than that. I eat my strawberry shortcake
> separately from my steak and onions.
>
> Stefan
> My,my. Who'd thought Stefan could be less liberal on something than
> Ronald Reagan. :-)

Ronald Reagan was apparently quite the liberal when he was an actor,
prior to becoming president of the SAG. For that matter, the mayor of
New York City is quite a liberal [nominal] Republican, and Senator
Joseph Lieberman is an alleged Democrat whose current game plan seems
to consist of writing blank checks for the President (and currently
waffling on the Markey Network Neutrality Act). About our President I
will only say (here and now) that he's difficult to classify, but
Barry Goldwater, he soitinly ain't.

So one never knows, do one?

But then, wasn't Nixon supposed to be a devotee of cottage cheese
with ketchup?

Adamantius