[Sca-cooks] [Pelicans] SCA Soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:00:23 PDT 2006

Appologies to those who get this more than once.

The hatching of an idea.  Please know that what follows is a thought
process.  See, this started as a thread on the SCA Pelicans list, but I
thought ...   whom else can we invite to play?

I recall how grand it was to receive packages when I participated on the
inside of the line with the 1990 version.  My kids and I have been sending
packages to soldiers every other month or so, each containing a couple dozen
cookies, half a dozen pair of new socks, some unscented hand cream or unisex
scent spray ... packing material is as many peppermint and butterscotch
candies as will fill the spaces.  Such treats ... once opened ... are
generally shared among the rest of the squad.

If someone somewhere has a list of SCA folks who are playing inside the
sandbox ... I can think of SCA type food (mostly subtleties and sugar
sweets) that would travel well, I just purchased several pair of knitted
socks from the Basketman at Pennsic, Their Majesties received several
samples of the Soap-makers guilds in their Largess.   What could be a
special reminder of our SCA family ties.

OOO ... I am having THOUGHTS ...

See ... the package mailing date for Yule is very near.  Trust me when I say
that it is a SINCERE DRAG to be in-country at Christmas.

If we could assemble stuff, boxes, and mailing addresses for those SCA folks
in-country ...

OK ...

If folks are interested in helping me with a project that would send SCA
gifts to SCA folks in time for Yule,   please e-mail me off-list.  If
someone has the name and mailing address of a military service member
serving in-country and might appreciate such a 'care' package for Christmas
... also let me know --- OFF LIST PLEASE ---

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.