[Sca-cooks] Back to onion steak

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:28:49 PDT 2006

On a totally other note, because of our onion steak discussion
the other day last night I succumbed to temptation and made
some. I heated a black iron skillet and added a little more oil
than usual then tossed in half a sliced onion. Then cooked over
low heat for about 40 minutes until they were golden and
sweet. During the carmalizing process I took three small
sirloin steaks and rubbed them with salt, pepper and garlic
powder. Then moved the onions to the side and added the
steak.  Cook until medium rare, serve topped with sweet
golden onions. Fresh baked bread for sopping.

Also, because it had been a bad day at work I started this
meal with a glass of white zinfindel and same bread topped
with a good goat cheese spread. I never liked goat cheese
but this stuff was perfect. Maybe I've improved my palate.

Mmmmmm.....

Gunthar

Oh, I'm a black skin marshmallow eater. Never liked s'mores
or candied yams.
Gunthar