[Sca-cooks] s'mores?

Margaret Rendell m_rendell at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 30 02:48:09 PDT 2006

I'm hoping that my questions are because I'm Australian, and not just
that I'm clueless, but I don't really understand this thread at
all...can someone help?

Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> I make a really good sweet potato souffle.  I brought it once when I first
> joined the SCA to a pot luck.  I put it in the veggie area when I arrived.
> I looked later and found it with the desserts.  So I moved it back to the veggies.
> I later saw someone moving it back to the desserts, upon which I told them that
> is was sweet potato, not pumpkin.

1) why would this make a difference?

> As much as I like marshmallows, I hate marshmallows on sweet potatoes...
2) is this a joke I haven't heard?

3) what are s'mores? I gather they involve graham crackers, marshmallow
and chocolate, but I'm finding it hard to envisage
3a) what are graham crackers? A savoury biscuit of some sort?

Margaret/Emma
clueless from Lochac