[Sca-cooks] Sugar problems

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Wed Aug 2 11:23:31 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephanie Ross" <hlaislinn at earthlink.net>
To: "SCA-Cooks" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Sugar problems

> I had a friend who was experimenting with making sekunjabin with
> nutrasweet
> years ago. I wonder what sekunjabin would be like with splenda, stevia or
> sucrose (isn't sucrose or fructose better for diabetics than plain
> sugar?)?

I've made both mint sekanjabin and ginger syrup using Splenda and couldn't
really tell the difference.

I'll be bringing sekanjabin--some made with sugar and some with Splenda--to
Pennsic, though I plan to label the Splenda version as Iocain Syrup so
campmates with a problem with artificial sweeteners know not to drink it.

Laurensa