[Sca-cooks] OT Geeky Word stuff Re: Sugar production

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 3 00:33:07 PDT 2006

>  >There is a free viewer for MS Word on their website, you cant edit,
>>but should be able to print,
>>
>>Ranvaig
>
>Sure there is! It has been recommended on other occasions on other
>lists. And it only works if you are using the MicroSoft OS.
>
>Which i am not.

Do you use Macintosh?  There used to be free viewers for Mac, but I
guess they dropped them.  Textedit will open .doc files, but may
loose some formatting. There are a couple of free programs that will
open Word documents.  http://www.neooffice.org/ seems to be
recommended the most, but I havent tried it.

There are probably free solutions for Unix too, but I'm not as
familiar with them.

Ranvaig