[Sca-cooks] Chocolate Milk at Pennsic

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Fri Aug 4 13:38:58 PDT 2006

I'm not sure...and having only been to one Pennsic, I can just say
that the chocolate milk is definitely worth the pilgrimage. It is
super creamy and chocolatey. The only thing that I've tried since
that comes close is a local brand called Promise Land. It is
pasteurized but not homogenized...or maybe vice versa...and the
cows aren't given hormones or anything like that. The 2% milk is
as creamy and delicious as whole milk and the whole milk is almost
like drinking pudding. The chocolate flavor really comes through
and I can easily down a jug in one gulp...and I'm not a huge milk
fan.

As an aside, I have recently read in two separate magazines (so it
must be true!) that a study found that drinking 8oz of chocolate
milk helped professional athletes recover from a strenuous workout
better than a "performance" drink like Gatorade. The chocolate
milk (non-fat version) only has about 40 calories more than the
performance drink so they said were going to start recommending it
to all athletes. Your mileage may vary!

Ysabeau