[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Tom Vincent Tom.Vincent at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 10:25:46 PDT 2006

Who suggested consuming less than 1,000 cal/day?  Where did that number
come from?  Even a 4' tall, 100 lb, 30-yr-old male has a BMR of 1093!
Now, how about a more average sized person? A 5'5" tall, 150 lb,
40-year-old female has a BMR of 1417.  So for her to be restricted to
1000 cal/day would be troublesome.

Can you give some wide-ranging examples from reliable medical sources of
where 'a healthy weight for one person would be death to another'?  I've
never heard of such a thing.

'Over whose weight'?  Over their own healthy weight, as determined by
BMI, for one measure.  That 40-yr-old above has a BMI of 26, within the
healthy range.  She goes up to 200, her BMI is 33, obese.

We know that obesity leads to a variety of medical problems:

    * Certain types of cancer
    * Diabetes
    * Emotional or social problems
    * Gallstones
    * Heart and vascular diseases
    * Joint problems
    * Stroke

Is the 'Size Rights community' in favor of or promoting these conditions?

Duriel

Mike C. Baker wrote:

> Duriel, I must strongly dispute this claim:  human beings are far more
> diverse than this simplistic statement might indicate. There are medical
> conditions where even consuming less than 1,000 calories in a day will
> have no appreciable short-term effect, and highly negative long-term
> effects.
>
> There is a saying in the Size Rights community that absolutely applies
> here:  over WHOSE weight?  What is healthy for one person may be death
> to another, in matters of weight as much as in any other human concern.
>
> (Disclosure:  I am a former columnist and editorial assistant for the
> now-defunct magazine _Rump Parliament_, and one might say I've got
> several dogs in this here fight...)
>
> Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
> SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
> "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard)
> Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
> MCBaker216 at cs.com
> Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/