[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Tom Vincent Tom.Vincent at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 14:25:23 PDT 2006

'Spiritual element'?

I agree that there are some conspiracies between diet food companies and
disreputable 'research' facilities, but also look at the following:

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/5218.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obesity/DS00314 (no, not a clinic
devoted to mayonnaise)

Are you suggesting that the overwhelming evidence of the dangers of
obesity is simply a marketing trick?

I think you're being overly nit-picky about weights by height and don't
see the relevancy of food preservation, refrigeration, antibiotics or
any of your other items.  I'm talking about obesity, not just being a
few pounds overweight.

And it's not a fight:  It's a discussion.  We're exchanging ideas,
opinions, options and suggestions, not blows or missiles.

Duriel

Mike C. Baker wrote:
> Neither math nor physics.  PHYSIOLOGY, which is ultimately far more than
> either, or even just pure biology.  Different individuals process
> dietary intake at different rates and in different ways.  Hellfire!:
> different people metabolize / process WATER and other fluids at
> different rates, much less calories derived from foods (and different
> combinations of foods)...  And for that matter don't forget the
> spiritual element, either.
>
> Genetics are absolutely part of the mix; medical history since BEFORE
> birth is part of the mix; and type as well as quantity of the food &
> beverage can make extreme differences even if they may technically
> consist of the same mix of dietary calories.
>
> And there is no lying involved when the study subject is under constant
> observation... which many of these incidents we refer to have been.  And
> then the results are suppressed / buried because "the conventional
> wisdom" insists on using studies from the 1930's as the ultimate basis
> of their normal average weights by height (without considering changes
> in technology, available food preservation, refrigeration, general
> nutrition, health advances such as antibiotics & vaccinations, etc.)
>

> Duriel, consider this:  take a hard look at most of what you are basing
> your opinions upon.  How much of those opinions are being based upon
> studies that were paid for by corporations involved in the production of
> diet foods, seeking profits from weight-loss surgery (AKA bariatric
> surgery) or are otherwise influenced by commercial and not *pure*
> biomedical / physiological concerns?
>
> Where then are the flags being draped and the crosses being carried?
>
> (Sorry, folx, I *told* y'all ah've got a dog in this hyar fight...)
>
> Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
> SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
> "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard)
> Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
> MCBaker216 at cs.com
> Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/