[Sca-cooks] New Topic--Pennsic goodies...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 19:42:14 PDT 2006

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> Okay, so here's something I was planning to ask anyway, since Pennsic's been
> such a hot topic recently.
> Several of my barony are going this year, and a good friend has offered to
> go shopping for me, if I want her to.  I have some money, but not a ton, and
> they don't have loads of room.  I'm tempted.  Sorely tempted.  But I can't
> figure out what I should ask for, never having *been* to Pennsic.  I'm at a
> stage in my SCA life wherein I don't *need* that much, and I certainly am
> long past the "buy a gazillion yards of every trim I see" stage.
> So what would you guys ask for? The only thing I've thought of is maybe some
> long pepper, which is difficult/impossible to find here.  And Pennsic
> c/r/a/c/k/ chocolate milk would spoil on the trip home....
> --Maire

Well...there's always Devra's wonderful assortment of books....If you
like beads, a couple of merchants sell some wonderful beads (I have a
bead that I purchased several years back that was made from a glass rod
found when a glassworks in Murano was uncovered).  Another possibility
would be jewelry...lots of merchants have wonderful amber and other
sorts of jewelry.  There's a lady who sells stuffed animals that she
makes...we have a wonderful falcon from her shop.  And, if they can keep
the milk in a cooler with ice, having purchased it just before they
leave, it should be ok when they get home.  A Pennsic 35 t-shirt would
be nice.  I have one from just about every war since I started attending
many, many years back.

Can't think of anything else off of the top of my head...but that gives
you a start!

Kiri