[Sca-cooks] smokers was preparing foods

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 23:10:49 PDT 2006

That sounds very similar to my smoker.  Does she still have the racks for it?
Is there a temperature gauge on the dome?

If it is like mine, the bigger enamel bowl is were you put the hot coals and on
those hot coals you put your wet wood chips to create the aromatic smoke.  The
other smaller enamel bowl is for water, which helps keep the direct heat from the
meat and also create some steam that keeps the meat from drying out.  The door
should be where you can keep track of the coals and put in more wood chips.

Any good smoking cookbook on the subject can help you with how to use your smoker.

Huette

Here are a few:

Smoke cooking / [editor, Jan Miller].
 1st ed.
 Des Moines, Iowa : Better Homes and Gardens Books, c2001.
 96 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
ISBN: 0696213567

Anderson, Warren R.
Mastering the craft of smoking food / Warren R. Anderson.
Springfield, NJ : Burford Books, 2006.
ISBN: 1580801358

Black, Maggie. [Yes, That Maggie Black]
 Smoking food at home / Maggie Black.
 Newton Abbot ; North Pomfret, Vt. : David & Charles, c1985.
 176 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
ISBN: 0715384848

Jamison, Cheryl Alters.
 Sublime smoke : bold new flavors inspired by the old art of barbecue /
Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison ; [illustrations by Paul Hoffman].
 Boston, Mass. : Harvard Common Press, c1996.
 vii, 392 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
ISBN: 1558321063
 1558321071 (pbk.)

Langer, Richard W.
 Where there’s smoke there’s flavor : real barbecue--the tastier alternative
to grilling / by Richard W. Langer ; illustrations by Susan McNeill.
 Expanded ed.
 Boston : Little, Brown, c2001.
 ix, 272 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
ISBN: 0316513377

Park, Lue.
 The smoked-foods cookbook : how to flavor, cure, and prepare savory meats,
game, fish, nuts, and cheese / Lue & Ed Park.
 1st ed.
 Harrisburg, PA : Stackpole Books, c1992.
 216 p. ; 24 cm.
ISBN: 0811701166