[Sca-cooks] smoked fish

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:36:15 PDT 2006

Works best with fresh-caught-through-the-ice fish

I generally use apple wood chips.  I add some sliced apple to the chips, and
a clove and a cinnamon stick.  Soak the chips, fruit and spice for about an
hour or so.  Set up the smoker.  add the smoke blend to the pan and smoke
fillets of 1/2 inch thickness for 20-30 min.  I use Mackinaw Trout when I
can get it because Rainbow flesh is too soft.  Bake the smoke fillets for
another 20 min just to make sure they are done through.  This ensures the
fish is done, but without overpowering the fish flavor with smoke flavor.

Enjoy

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.