[Sca-cooks] powdered sugar question take 2

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Mon Aug 7 10:49:58 PDT 2006

yep, as previously stated, the "powdered sugar" taht you buy today is full of
cornstarch, so it yields a very different result.

you can achieve medieval style powdered sugar by taking regular sugar and running it
in the blender or if you're really crazy, a mortar and pestle ;)

I am curious as to what the grain size of medieval powdered sugar would be...would it
be like our bakers sugar, or finer?

--Anne-Marie

On Mon Aug  7 11:29 , "Melissa Carter"  sent: