[Sca-cooks] Sugar article-- Rose's Sugar Bible was powdered sugar question take 2

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Aug 7 16:03:21 PDT 2006

Confectioners or icing or powdered sugars vary
from manufacturer to manufacturer in the amount of
starch they contain.

Want to know more about modern sugars in general?
One of the best articles (it won prizes) is at
http://thecakebible.com/index2.html

"Rose's Sugar Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Published in; Food Arts Magazine, April 2000

/Sugar 101 Wherein Rose Levy Beranbaum, the high priestess of pastry,
answers all your questions and learns that the wide, wide world of sugar
is, indeed, a very, very sweet place to live./

Johnnae