[Sca-cooks] How long do whole spices last??

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:41:26 PDT 2006

This weekend I prepared a dish the contained cubebs during a class on
Medieval Cookery for the beginner.  We ground up cubebs, long pepper and
grains of paradise.  All were mumble years old and all smelled usable.  They
were kept in tightly sealed jars in a closed basket in a dark hall way in
the center of the house.  Guess I lucked out.

Katira