[Sca-cooks] Threat Levels at Airports

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 06:12:58 PDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 8:58 AM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> For those of you flying in to Pennsic, you need to know that the
> threat
> levels at US airports have been raised to the highest level.  This
> means
> increased security, time waiting in line for security checks, etc.
> Also...you are now forbidden to take any kind of liquid or gel
> (including toothpaste!!) in your carry-on luggage.  Laptops and other
> electronics (especially mentioned were I-Pods) will be very closely
> examined.  This just in case you didn't see the news this morning.
> The
> authorities in England have arrested 21 terrorists who were
> planning to
> assemble bombs onboard something like 10 flights by US carriers using
> electronics and some kind of liquid.

Ya know... I'm sure there's a mountain of evidence against these
guys, and we're all better off that they're off the streets of any
major city, or anywhere else. The likelihood of my shedding a tear
for any of them is astronomically remote.

But still, we probably don't want to get onto the slippery slope
already being walked, high and proud, by the US Attorney General, who
just made a speech in which he referred to the detainees, in essence,
as already having been tried and convicted.

I mean, we members of a club on the FBI's list of subversive
organizations have reason to be concerned about such things...

Adamantius