[Sca-cooks] Threat Levels at Airports

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 11:24:47 PDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 08:06 AM 8/10/2006, you wrote:
>> I was moving back to the States from Berlin about two or three
>> years after the Lockerbie flight blew up. I wasn't thinking and
>> put my alarm clock in my suitcase. I got called to come open my
>> suitcase so they could inspect it. I ended up having to ditch the
>> alarm clock for security reasons. Berlin had state of the art
>> security before anyone else did.
>>
>> Ysabeau
>
> I understand that the prize for the tightest, most draconian airport
> security goes to Israel...
>
> 'Lainie

My sister, who teaches art to elementary-school kids, was warned not
to wear a nice, discreet little pair of gold earrings, one in the
shape of a star, the other a crescent moon, on a flight to Tel Aviv.
She laughed, thinking the person was joking, forgot the whole thing,
and then went and did exactly that...

Adamantius