[Sca-cooks] Powered blenders

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 18:20:58 PDT 2006

Here is the link
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTELargeImageView?rfno
=200325249&storeId=6970&zoomId=none

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of
lilinah at earthlink.net
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 5:36 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Powered blenders

Simon Sinneghe wrote:
>Some while ago there was a discussion here of gas engined
>blenders.  I received a catalog from Northern Tool today.  They a
>sell one quart blender with a 23cc gas engine.  $250 for those
>comtemplating the purchase.

One of our stickjocks - eventually a Prince and later a Knight - made
a powered blender by combining an electric blender with a WeedWacker.
He made it for Royal parties, so they could have blender drinks at
events, since nearly all ours are camping in rather undeveloped
settings.

He called it the BoozeWacker. It was annoying under any
circumstances, beyond annoying after 10 PM, and downright rude around
midnight.

I don't know if this intentional one is any quieter - but if sound is
a factor, i'd watch out.

There are hand crank ones - not cheap, but about 1/3 the price. Maybe
they can't make a Margarita really quickly, but they'll be quieter
and give the user some exercise :-)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita