[Sca-cooks] Too Healthy to Post?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Aug 15 23:16:35 PDT 2006

At 10:50 PM 8/15/2006, you wrote:
>I get this list as a digest, and i find it odd that i haven't
>received a Digest since 8:20 PDT this morning (Vol. 4, Issue 97)...
>
>Are we all doing such healthy things that no one is posting?

Things are just slow, I guess. I got some stuff in this afternoon.

I've been sort of busy and sort of not. The past couple of weeks I've been
working on clothes for TRMs to take to Pennsic. I dropped the last of it
off to Her Maj shortly before her plane left (eek!). Then I slept for three
days (No, I'm really not kidding). Spent the weekend running errands, and
now I have to excavate the sewing room (I _think_ the carpet is beige, but
I couldn't prove it) so I can get some of my own stuff done before TRMs get
back from the War.

Today though- Regina was out at a Laurels' meeting this evening, and I
usually send a tray of goodies with her, as she doesn't have time to make
anything between the time she gets home and when she leaves for the meeting
(Pels too). So I made a batch of gyngerbrede and a batch of Prince-Bisket,
which I'd never made before. Important tip: next time, try it in James'
KitchenAid. The Cuisinart was unhappy, even with divided batches, and I'm
NOT going to spend an hour beating batter!

Of course I had to eat all of the cookies that came out of the over after
Regina left... ;-)

'Lainie