[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Food, Herb, or Cooking Projects--Zero Waste Pennsic

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Aug 20 10:42:10 PDT 2006

> Here's the information on a Zero Waste Pennsic,  an email list for
> additional ideas, and some followup info
> http://scatoday.net/node/6191
>
> Anyone with additional ideas from experimentation at this Pennsic, please
> send them on.

I keep trying to get our Jeff the Brewer (land agent for our camp) to
contact you. This year, we sat on chairs recycled/repaired from
cast-offs, cooked in a kitchen whose elements were either rescued or
bought second hand, under canvas flies recycled from a tent and held up
with recycled tent poles.

One thing, however; next year I will be finding someone who lives
relatively near to Pennsic and has plastic recycling in their area and
paying them to take home our recycling. (This year I had a sore throat
and so we used more single-use bottles than usual.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net