[Sca-cooks] Pomegranite seeds

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:01:01 PDT 2006

Did y'all see on Iron Chef how they extracted the seeds from
the pomegranite? By cutting it in half and whacking the heck
out of the outside with a spoon. Nice. That's like how I learned
to peel kiwis in the restaurant. Just cut in half or cut the ends
off and then run a spoon around the inside of the skin. Easy.

How do you juice pomegranite seeds anyway? I love them but
hate having the hard pips.

Another trick is how Alton Brown showed to cut a mango. Cut
off the bottom and you see which way the seed goes. Slice down
the sides and then follow the seed along the edges.

Anyone else have any "difficult" tasks they have found easy
ways around?

Gunthar