[Sca-cooks] Military training

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 22 11:51:39 PDT 2006

Funnily enough, at a Summit of the America held in Quebec city some years
ago, a well-known activist brought in a catapult and flew, of all things,
Teddy Bears over the police lines.

He was subsequently arrested and charge with a number of assorted
misdemeanors, but if I remember correctly the judge, upon witnessing the
relatively benign power of the catapult, and plush-ness of the Teddies,
decided he was not guilty of any serious offense.

(This is a few years ago, I think this substantially describes what
happened, but my memory could be playing tricks on me too...)

Anyway, all this to say that Catapults and Trebuchet are fun, but a well
trained squat of Crowd Control agents with helicopter and Water Tank
support, gas grenades, rubber-ball guns, and the likes, is likely to get the
upper hand fairly quickly.

Petru