[Sca-cooks] Egg and RE: Cubebs

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 25 20:37:40 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Stefan li
Rous
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:46 PM
To: SCA-Cooks maillist SCA-Cooks
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Cubebs

niccolo difrancesco commented back on August 6:
:
 > Powder douce, powder forte, fine spice powder, black spices, Dry
 > BBQ rubs,
 > hypocras, Duke's Powder, etc., in addition to some more exotic
 > individual
 > spices.  These are all wonders that could catch on right now in the
 > real world food market.  Taking the historical to the masses.

Which one is "Duke's Powder"? < < < < < < <

Duke's Power is hypocras spice blend with sugar already added together . . .
just add wine.

The egg experiment got postponed due to some oddities in the fryer cleaning
schedule.  I have to do it one night that is just before the fryer cleaning
day . . . that way any exemplary messes are cleaned the next day, and I
don't waste 10 gallons of good oil.  I'm back on track for this week,
though.

I didn't chicken out yet!

niccolo difrancesco