[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Corn

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 14:18:25 PDT 2006

Ysabeau mentioned:
<<< The one year I was able to go to Pennsic, one of the things I
remember was the corn. I was daytripping from my parent's house
(long story) and every morning on my way in I would stop at a
farmer's stand and buy fresh picked corn (literally picked from
the field I was standing in that morning). We ate corn almost
every day. >>>

This year, for whatever reason, there didn't seem to be as many corn
stands along the roads near Pennsic as I remember in some previous
years. We did stop at the only one we saw and picked up a doze ears,
soaked them in the husk in a bucket of water and then cooked them in
the husk on the grill. A bit riskier than boiling them, but they sure
were good. Rather easy to either over or undercook them and once
you've peeled away the husk to check them, I'm not sure you can just
put them back on the grill for more roasting.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com