[Sca-cooks] OOP (but who cares?): Smoothies, Shakes and other cold drinks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 23:22:16 PDT 2006

Margaret FitzWilliam replied to me with:

<<< On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Stefan li Rous wrote:
 > Margaret FitzWilliam mentioned for one of her favorite summer drinks:
 > <<< And beer floats. With Lindeman's Framboise or Kriek and good
 > vanilla ice
 > cream. >>>
 >
 > Are you talking about using root beer? Or real beer brewed from
 > grain, ie:similar to ale?
 >
 > Stefan

If I'd meant root beer I'd have said root beer. >>>

Okay. Sometimes my email drops characters. Not usually whole words
though. But to me the idea of ice cream in beer sounded a bit
strange. It still does.  And being an uncultured lout I hadn't heard
of those other drinks. I really didn't know whether they were beers
I'd never heard of, or perhaps root beers, which again I'd not heard
of. So, I wanted to make sure.

<<< Lindeman's lambic is real honest-to-gods beer. Comes in
Framboise, Kriek,
Peche, and Pomme, and Cassis. But it is not cheap, so it's one of those
occasional indulgences.

http://www.lindemans.be/start/home/nl
If you click the EN on the upper right (next to NL and FR) you'll get
the English site. >>>

I really regret missing the beer class at Pennsic where the teacher
went into all the different types of beer and passed around samples
of a dozen or so different types. I find almost all beers I've had to
be too bitter and I might have found some I liked.  Oh well. Maybe I
can find a mundane class at UT or Central Market sometime.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com