[Sca-cooks] Travelling with Medications (OOP)

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 14:26:52 PDT 2006

I can respond to this one.  My medical center issues
letters to patients who travel outside the US borders
so that the medications they carry do not create
problems with customs officials.  If you have a lot of
medications that you have to travel with or any that
are opiates or powerful pain killers it would be a
wise idea to give your doctors office a call and just
have them send you over a letter.  Better safe than
sorry.

As for the supplements I would recommend calling the
British Embassy in the US to find out before you make
your trip.  Check out the Dept. of State website at:
http://www.travel.state.gov/ for more travel info and
contact numbers.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!
Eibhlin

Actually, I was going to start a whole new thread, but
this one will
do.

I'm planning a trip to England (And maybe Northern
Ireland) in  the
very near
future, and the websites available for what might be a
problem at
customs
aren't much help.

I will have to carry stevia extract, tea tree oil and
several vitamin
supplements as well as prescription medications. The
prescriptions
shouldn't be  a
problem, but there is apparently some worry about the
supplements,
stevia and
tea tree oil... I seem to remember there being an EU
rule about
supplements
not  prescribed by a Doctor being a problem. Any
information or
credible sources
 would be appreciated.

Corwyn