[Sca-cooks] candy and hostages

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 2 22:31:57 PDT 2006

Cailte said:
  <<< On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 12:07:31 -0400 "grizly"
<grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:
 >  We can prove that using modern
 > candy making techniques and a list of ingredients from 1200
Ireland, a
 > modern cook can create caramel or whatever.  But it still seems to be
 > missing the bridge to what they would have knowledge, motivation,
 > inspiration and skill to do.

IIRC, the original recipe was a drink of extreme
sustenance given the the young, especially those taken in
hostage (the good kind).  >>>

Huh? When can being taken as a hostage be good?  Other than perhaps
being dead? Or maybe I'm just missing something. Or maybe this is
something Irish?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas