[Sca-cooks] Marshmallow Etiquette

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 29 03:44:07 PDT 2006

Adamantius wrote about Evil Spawn:

>it turned out that he had not been
>[effectively] taught how to properly roast or toast marshmallows. His
>idea was that you basically set them on fire, allow them to turn
>black, put out the fire and eat them.

Well, my personal preference is that I char the outside (much like Evil
Spawn does/did), remove the treat from the fire, slip off the blackened
coat, pop it in my mouth for a hot treat, put the remaining marshmallow
back on the fire, char the outside-or make it bubble mightily, remove the
treat from the fire, slip off the blackened coat, pop it in my mouth for a
hot treat, put the remaining marshmallow back on the fire... until no more
can be charred-or mightily bubbled.  A golden brown outside and "raw"
inside is, to me, a travesty.  Marshmallows need thorough cooking all the
way inside!  :-)  I deemed it quite a skill to get three passes at the
'mallow and not let it slip off into the fire before fully consumed.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/