[Sca-cooks] Cheesecake crusts, was Re: s'mores?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Aug 31 07:19:51 PDT 2006

Adamantius and Huette were discussing cheesecake crusts, and variations, below.

As I mentioned, before I left on my summer activities, I had been
experimenting with cheese cake, and since Margali doesn't like graham
crackers either, I made her one crust with ginger snaps. For my savory
cheesecake, I used crushed tortilla chips. I think pretty much and
crumbable cookie, cracker, or chip could make a good crust, if its
flavors are balanced with the flavors of your cheesecake- I found it
well worth my while to experiment.

I rather like Huette's suggestion of crushed nuts, although it strikes
me that they'd be awfully rich and dense- the cheesecake itself is
rich enough ;-) But, they might make a very nice addition to a
cookie-type crust, or even a savory type, with the right balance of
ingredients.