[Sca-cooks] Food in art speculation

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 06:26:22 PST 2006

Nope, definitely not a cheese with a rind.  I've never
seen a cheese that looks like that in all my research
and sales experience.  However, it does look like the
nougat-type sweet (panetone) that has honey and nuts
in it.  Very popular in the Italian, Spain and
Portugal areas and you see it hitting the specialty
food shops this time of year.  The outside covering
reminds me of that unleavened type bread stuff used on
the bottoms of pfeffernussen that are sold
commercially in Germany.

Eibhlin

> I think they look like buttermilk doughnuts.
>
> I do agree about the Rice Crispy Treats.  Though,
> based on the round
wooden boxes under the jar of orange marmalade they
could be some
sort of cheese with a rind.

aeduin